Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a Schedule

Default Re: Creating a Schedule

My son will be 5 months on Tuesday and I am going back to work on Monday. I am a teacher so it is only 7 weeks until I am off for 2 months. My mother is taking care of him in our home, so I don't have to worry about getting him ready in the mornings. I will have to do this in Spetember when he starts daycare. Anyway, I really don't follow a schedule. I mean, Michael wakes up at 5:30/6 ish, nurses, goes back to sleep for about an hour, is up nurses about an hour later. All I know is that Michael takes a nap every 3 hours but it could be a 10 minute nap up until 2 hours. I keep telling my mother to follow his cues, which is hard for her since she comes from a different philosophy ( rigid schedules, letting babies cry it out). She has been shadowing me for a few days over the past month and has really changed her ways. She doesn't like Michael to cry it out and she can tell the difference between his crying. Wish me Luck on Monday!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Thanks for your responses. I have felt like a mental case every night as I fall asleep and hold Noah and think about leaving him. I am lucky because I am only going back for 5 weeks (I teach high school) and then I have about 10 more weeks off. But these 5 weeks ar going to horrible. I think a lot has to do with who is taking care of him. My boyfriends Dad, which is a great guy, but I would rather have someone from my family or a woman. I don't knowwhy I feel this way but I think a woman, a mom, a grandma, sister, aunt... could care for a newborn better. I am sure he will be ok, but I still have an uneasy feeling.

JennandMatt - Thank you for mentioning you supplement too. Since I cant pump a lot I was hoping that I wouldn't get lazy with it. But I know that 6 oz i can pump for him during the day will be great for him and then I can handle the rest at night. He will be getting much less breastmilk now during the day and I hate that! Also, there is no way I will be able to get a supply built. I really don't make that much, probably about half of what he needs.

Again, thanks for the support! I as well as all other working moms need it!

Omg, yes, thats what I am scared of too! I don't want him to let him cry it out!!! And his ways are sooooo different than mine!!