Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: working full-time, 3 wks in and supply issues

Unhappy working full-time, 3 wks in and supply issues

So I started back to work 3 wks ago...I work 4 days a week for a total of 36hrs, the problem is I'm already starting to have supply issues. I can usually get away to pump twice in a shift (10hr and 8hr shifts). I have been having to give her around 2 oz at ngiht after she BF from a bottle and it's killing me.

Even on my days off, by her night fdg there is nothing left....does anyone have any idea how to get my suplly back.....I don't care if it means engorgement at night again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Default Re: working full-time, 3 wks in and supply issues

Hang in there! I know it can be frustrating. My supply seems to go up & down all of the time. Check out Kelly Mom for the working & breastfeeding articles. I also like this site Work & Pump. I hope this helps. The main thing is to remember to stay relaxed and be patient.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Thanks a lot! The work and pump website was really helpful!!!

I wish I'd known about work&pump when I was working and pumping!

What worked for me when I was working full-time and my supply dropped was taking fenugreek. I've also had luck with increasing supply by adding brewer's yeast to oatmeal and eating that.

I lost a lot of my supply after mastitis once, and my lactation nurse had me pump at night after the baby was asleep. She had me pump while watching TV- and I was to pump during the commercials only. She said that the more times you pump the more times your nipples are stimulated- and that increases your supply. She also told me that when I pumped at work to finish pumping- then wait five minutes and pump again for about 5 more minutes. That really did a lot to boost my supply.