Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 mos old hates avocado

Default Re: 7 mos old hates avocado

Quote Originally Posted by MadisMom
    I thought of adding it to her milk because her dr. would like to see her gain a little more weight. He suggested adding corn oil to the ebm, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The avacado seems more natural to me and she likes it. She also started on other dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese which she loves. Hopefully, she will gain a little bit more. If you are only interested in the benefits of avacado, this might work for you
    Now I have heard it all! Corn oil??? Wow! What was your reaction when he suggested this? Just curious!

Are you concerned with dd's weight gain? What reasons has her doctor given for wanting her to gain more weight?

She was born at 6lbs 13oz (the 25th pecentile). Now at 8 months she is 14lbs 9 oz (according to the Dr. the 5th percentile), but I plotted her weight and think it falls in the 10th. Anyhow, when he suggested corn oil, I almost cried. I held myself together though. I asked that we come back in a month and weigh her to see her progress with just introducing more fatty foods. I only add the avacado to 2oz of breastmilk and I concider it a snack. I am not sure how much weight he wants her to gain. I do think that he wants to see her back in the 25th percentile though.

She's doing fine. All the women on my husbands side of the family are petite and slender. I am rather tall and have been fairly thin all my life. At first I was concerned, but now I am sure this is the way genetics meant for her to be.

Try not to worry too much about weight...if she is eating and pooping and peeing, things are great! I have a friend whose daughter wasn't yet 15 lbs at a year, she was just tiny! But it was genetic! Mom was small herself, but not that small. But Grandma was, and so was baby's aunt. This little girl ate my son under the table, she just didn't gain well!

Avocado...DS did not like it the first few times that I tried it. He now LOVES it! I gave it to him again last night, and he couldn't get enough!

Someone commented they make their own food only because other child had allergy issues...making your own food is so easy, and cheap! I think it played a part in making my first child a good eater too! He was eating broccoli at 10 months! Anna Karmel (SP) has a good book called "First Meals" that has a lot of fun recipes in it. I love it!

Here's one for you... does it matter what type of avacado? does one taste better than the other?