Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Private Room

Default Private Room

My employer has graciously given me a private room to express milk in; however, I have been using my van, which is parked in the far end of the parking lot where no one pass by. My employer has now told me that I must use the room and that I cannot use my van. Is that legal? I just feel more comfortable in my van versus the CFOs office. Any comments?

Default Re: Private Room

As long as the rule is the same for everyone, then I understand. If nobody can leave the premesis to go to their car- leaving for lunch, to get something they forgot, to drive out of the lot to smoke, etc- then it's ok. But if anyone can leave at any time to go to their vehicle, so can you. Perhaps the person is saying that because they went through "all the effort" of getting you that room...I would just say, very honestly, "thank you for your efforts in securing me that location. However, I am simply more comfortable in my car. I hope you understand"
    If you're not comfortable, it's going to show in your output. Be upfront and honest.

Default Re: Private Room

I agree with PP but wanted to add this. You are allowed a paid 15 minute break depending on the number of hours you work. I believe that you may take that break anywhere on the company property. As long as your van is parked in the company parking lot, I don't think you should have a problem.