Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Actually Going Well

Default Nursing Actually Going Well

A little over 2 years ago, these boards became my best friend. I couldn't nurse my new little baby. She was born via c-section, and for whatever reason, she would not latch. I went to a lc who was recommended by LLL, but the lc told me that some women can't bf. I exclusively pumped for almost 3 months. Then, a miracle happened. With the help of 3 different lactation consultants and 2 other LLL leaders, I got my daughter breastfeeding. Our nursing relationship lasted for about 20 months. Somehow, I succeeded, and my daughter never had formula. It was a good feeling.

Now, I just had my second baby. I was terrorfied of facing the same issues as the last time. I was planning for VBAC, but that didn't work out. And, I ended up with an emergency c-section under general anastestia. I was so scared of facing the same struggles.

This baby took immediately to the breast. Now, at 2 months old, she is a bf champ. Somehow, it all worked out.

If you are in this section, you are mostly feeling frustrated, helpless, and in pain. You want bf to work, but nothing is going as planned. Don't give up. There is hope. And, you can make bf work if you persevere. The best advice I got was not to quit trying until after 3 months because that is when most issues resolve themselfs. It was true for me.

Good luck with your bf journey. And, thank you LLL for being a support.

Default Re: Nursing Actually Going Well

jmjmom - That is amazing that you were able to eventually BF your first LO...and for 20 months! Impressive! I'm so glad BFing is going better this time around. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing, what an encouraging and touching story. Way to stick with it!!! Big pats on the back for you!

Sorry the VBAC did not work out, I'm planning on one this August!!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Such an inspiring thread. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope a struggling Mama reads this and finds hope! And you are right, it does take time and determination, but once you get over that hump, bf is wonderful. I am so happy that bf is going great for you this time. I worried my whole pg thinking it was going to be the same as the first time and it wasn't.

NolaMomma, I love your new signature pic. You look so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post
    Thanks for sharing, what an encouraging and touching story. Way to stick with it!!! Big pats on the back for you!

Sorry the VBAC did not work out, I'm planning on one this August!!
    Good luck! My labor was wonderful and everything was going great. When it came time to push, the cord came out before the baby (cord prolapse). There is a 1/100,000 chance of this happening. So, it had nothing to do with the VBAC. I recommend going natural to everyone because it was a great experience, right up until we found out there was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia'sMom View Post
    NolaMomma, I love your new signature pic. You look so beautiful!
    That's sooo sweet. Thank you very much. I do love the pregnant belly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjmom View Post
    Good luck! My labor was wonderful and everything was going great. When it came time to push, the cord came out before the baby (cord prolapse). There is a 1/100,000 chance of this happening. So, it had nothing to do with the VBAC. I recommend going natural to everyone because it was a great experience, right up until we found out there was a problem.
    Wow, you should have bought a lottery ticket that day with odds like that! Thanks for the encouragement.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.