Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weird thing with Medela breast sheilds

Default Weird thing with Medela breast sheilds

I have a PIS. The 24 mm were way too small, so I ordered the 30mm. They were better but still the sides were touching and there was skin being left on the shield. So i got the 36mm. The first couple of times they looked like the video on the Medela site. But now, its like my areola swells to whatever size I use cuz its touching the sides again. Its not uncomfy so I am not worried. But has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong to make it take in too much breast or something?

Default Re: Weird thing with Medela breast sheilds

I have the same thing happen to me. I don't know if this is normal but you are not the only one. Maybe someone else had this problem and could help us out.

Default Re: Weird thing with Medela breast sheilds

I think the areola should fill the shield. I was told by an LC to measure the size of your nipple to make sure that you have the correct sizing on the breastshield. I had to go down to a 21 mm for a better fit as my nipples are smaller than a dime. Perhaps try that method to make sure that you have the right size? Just make sure that your nipples are in properly.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!