Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Every 2 hours??'

Default Every 2 hours??'

Hi, my name is Wendy and this is my first time in this comunity. I live in Mexico and I have a 4 months old girl. I breastfeed her every 2 hours and I´m getting pretty tired with this rithm. She doesn´t want the bottle so I can do anything. Help. I need to know some tips so either she accepts the bottle or eats every 3 hours. Sometimes she eats dor 30 or 40 minuts, and some times only 15 to 20. She gains weight properly so I dont think she is not full, and after sucking for 30 minuts, she stilll sucks her hand... Men!!!! What can I do??'
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Every 2 hours??'

she is still pretty young. ds ate every two -two and 1/2 hours for the longest time and i remember feeling how you feel. all i can say is that it does get better. ds now nurses between 3-5 hours max and sleeps at least 5 hours at night inbetween feedings. he is also 7 months old. things started to get a little better when he was about 5.5 months. but it is very common for them to want to nurse that often, esp if she just likes the sucking action (which it sounds like she does based on the finger sucking). she will have fun with her fingers too, so try to listen for her hunger noises and tell those apart from when she wants you to be her human pacifier (not a bad thing, but can get tiresome).

Thank you Yogachick for your words, so theres nothing I can do??? It isn´t something that I´m doing wrong or not doing enough??? I´lll wait tilll 5.5 and see. Thanks

LOL! Not really. Just make sure that when you are nusing that you let her finish the first breast completely before starting on the other side. That way she gets the hind milk from the first breast at least which has all the good fatty nutrients and will keep her a bit fuller. It will get better, just hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by wentabata
    I have a 4 months old girl. I breastfeed her every 2 hours and I´m getting pretty tired with this rythm.
    Wendy, I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only mother who feeds her baby so frequently. In some parts of the world, mothers carry their babies nearly all the time and those babies feed a few sucks every few minutes round the clock.

Here's an article entitled 'So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes' and another article that explains why some babies can go 3-4 hours between feeds and why some babies need to be breastfed MUCH more frequently. This is entirely within the range of normal. It can be exhausting for Mom, but worth it at the same time.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/Law45ext.html
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBJulAug03p126.html
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/frequency.html

Beth
    Mom of 2