Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did your cycle become regular again?

Default Re: When did your cycle become regular again?

After my first baby I had 2 episodes of spotting at 11 mo and 13 months followed by a period at 14 months. I got pregnant on that cylce and based on ultrasound was probably running about a 35 day cycle. After baby #2, I had spotting at 9 months followed by a period at 11 months. I again got pregnant on my first cycle but based on ultrasound it was clear that I was running a 40 some odd day cycle. Now this seems so crazy to me but my third baby is now nearly 20 months old and I've still had no period or spotting. I don't really get it. My memory isn't perfect but I feel like he's nursing less than my daughter was at 9 months old!

Laura

My ds is nearly 16 months old and still no AF. I did have spotting at 6 months pp, and nothing for the last 10 months!!! He still nurses at least 6X/24 hours. I want to TTC, but at the same time I don't want to cut back his nursing before he's ready.

My cycle returned full force when Mez was 18 months old. Which seems really nice right? But I also got a yeast infection around that time. And since none of the drugs to cure it have been tested in breastmilk, my midwife suggested I try natural cures because otherwise Mez might receive the drugs through my milk. I tried everything. Garlic, peroxide, tea tree oil, boric acid, probably more things. I could always get it to go away, but a day or two before my next cycle, it would start up again. I delt with it like this for about 2 years and then I had to use the "nuclear bomb" otherwise known as Monistat. I figured since he was 3 1/2 years old and not nursing much I felt okay about it.

Anyway, what I am saying is, perhaps it is lucky to have spotty cycles so your body can adjust to the hormone changes. My body just couldn't handle the full rush and I guess I would have rather had the spotty cycles and no yeast infections.

-Lauren

I'm one of the 18 monthers. For my 1st actually it was more like a year. For my second it had been 18 months and pretty regular after the first couple of cycles. Mine came though with worse cramps than pre-preg and more PMS symptons. Possibly because I was on the pill up untill the couple months I stoped to conceive my 1st then haven't been on since. I guess in reading these forums, it is really all over the map and nothing seems very predictable.
    Although I have a friend who got pregnant while nursing at the 9 month mark twice so now she has 3 ea. 18 months apart.

Wow, I feel lucky. My period came back at 25 months w/ my first and 27 months w/ my second. I think I then skipped a month both times and then was pretty regular after that. Things weren't "normal" (ie like pre-pregnancy) for a while though (heavier bleeding, longer period, more cramping.)

With my first I did actually back off nightime nursing just slightly to TTC.

Audra

Oh my! That pp scared me! I would consider that lucky too except I don't want to wait that long to TTC! I'm at the 16 month mark now and up till recently was thinking wow, this is great! Now I'm starting to worry I'll end up to be a 25 or 27 monther.

Mine came back at 7 months, and it has been pretty regular since then. I can actually track my cycle in part through nursing because my nipples become VERY sore right before ovulation (juding by cervical fluid). For about one week every month latch-on is really agony. My supply seems to drop as well, and then comes roaring back right around ovulation. It sometimes drops again somewhat before AF, but is usually reasonably full during AF. I'm an older new mom so its nice to know that my body still seems to be working fine!
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

DS is 16 months, frequent nurser, and my periods are very irregular. Some months the cycle will be 25 days, some months it will be 50.