Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did your cycle become regular again?

Default When did your cycle become regular again?

I've been getting my period for about 6 months now, and DS is only nursing 1-3 times a day, and more on the weekends (I'm a WOTH mom). My cycle is all over the map, both in the length of the cycle and the length of the period. When did this resolve for you all?

Default Re: When did your cycle become regular again?

Good question, my DD is 7 mos. and I still nurse her between 7 to 10 times a day, and I've been spotting for about 3 mos. every two weeks. It's sooooo annoying. It's not even like a real period cuz it lasts like 4 days. (normally I'm a 6 dayer) But no cramps, thank goodness, but definetly the moodiness I hate this being angry at everything and anything every two weeks. I was used to my once a month being angry at everything. Sorry I can't answer your question but just know your not alone!!!!!!
    My name is Rosie and I'm a mother to 3 girls and 2 boys

My girls:Janessa 10.30.93, Reanna 03.25.99 and Mylee 09.20.06
    My sons, Isaiah 07.16.97 and Shawn 09.12.08

I second you on the moodiness. Pre-pregnancy I was rarely bothered by any symptoms of PMS, and often times I could contribute those I did have to lack of sleep or some other source. Now PMS symptoms are also totally out of control!

Bianca is 10 months old and nurses around 8 times a day. I have had two periods since giving birth (one in Jan and one in March). My ob says it is normal to have an unpredictable cycle for as long as you breastfeed often. What I do not like is that the periods I've had were 5 days long and usually mine are only 2; I hope this is not a permanent change!

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I got my cycles back at 2 months! They varied between 27-33 days instead of being 29 like clockwork like they were before the pregnancy. And we were nursing probably 10 times a day. That IS right about when he slept thru the night for one blissful month, so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. They were also a bit erratic as to how long and how much flow. Don't know how soon that would've straightened itself out, since I got pregnant in December. All I can say at this point is that I'm not expecting any cycles for at least the next 5 months.

Hi
    Now this one is going to sound pretty flaky, however I wonder if your cycle is out of sorts as your DH is not around at the moment. Your body knows that it can't conceive, therefore it is not getting in to a regular cylce. I know this may sound kind of weird, but a friend of mine who was single parenting and breastfeeding, didn't return to regular cycles until she had a new permanent man. Her baby was almost three when this happened.

On a personal level, with each child (I have four) my periods have returned at different ages, anything from 6 months to 12 months, and it always takes a few cycles to get into a "rythem".

I got my period back at 18mos PP-and it has been a regular 28-30 day cycle since then, so far. I would love for this to keep up! I took the pill for a while because of severe cramps (that way I'd know when to expect and dose accordingly).
    -beth
    Mama to Sebastien and Julien (21mos)

Mine started at 9 months. For 2 solid weeks before I was miserable with the WORST PMS symptoms. I have NEVER had PMS in my life! I was terrified that this would be the norm, but thankfully everything is back to normal. Regular cycles and no PMS.

With my second child, current baby is my thrid, my cycle came back with a vengence. I thought I was going to bleed to death every month! It was awful! Slowly it got better and better until it was back to normal.

I think it is different with every baby.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

pre-pregnancy I was clockwork... post-pregnancy, not so much. Got AF back at 8 mo pp, it's been 6 cycles now and last month was the first "normal" month, but this month is wonky again.

My son will be 11 months next week and is currently BFing 5 times a day/night and i pump 2x a day for him when i am out of the house working. Still no sign on PPAF- kind of hoping its cause i'm pg, but that's just wishful thinking!