Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking a bath WITH baby?

Default Re: Taking a bath WITH baby?

Well Mr Peter pooper has pooped three times in the bath. It was gross! But, we just finished the bath and had a shower afterwards. He also spits up in the bath sometimes, and the white chunks just float around. Again, shower after the bath.

I LOVE bathtime, and Peter does too. I always fill it as high as I can, and let him practice swimming and kicking and splashing around. I think it will be awesome for getting him used to water and liking swimming later when we introduce that.

Yesterday I fed him in the bath, and he fell asleep on me! Sooo sweet! I have to say, bathtimes with Peter are one of my favorite times, as it's relaxing for me too. I have gradually got him used to water as hot as I like it, and he doesn't seem to mind. It's so enjoyable, and we started when DS was 4 weeks old.

I asked this question a few weeks ago too. Since then we have been bathing together and it's great. to repeat everyone else...be prepared.

I sit him on my lap in the water and let him play with the bubbles....which ya know he grabs and eats...not recommended, but dead cute lol. I wash him while he plays with...well eats...his toys. I lay him on my legs with his head at my belly, one hand under his head/neck to wet and rinse his hair...I wash it when he is sitting up. He sometimes likes dinner as well so I sit crossed legs with his bum and legs in the water and use the sponge to pour water on him and keep him warm.

I usually bath him on my own...I put a mat on the floor with a towel from the radiator. We get out. he goes on the mat wrapped in a towel and I dry myself then him.

I also love bathing with my lo. We have also taken baths together since her cord fell off. We are lucky and no poop in there yet, but I am sure about plenty of pee.

Probably the sweetest moment ever we had was in the bath. We have a big jaccuzi tub and we were relaxing together. She fell asleep on me. I just held her laying on my tummy/chest for a good 30 min. It was just so precious. Just last night, she fell asleep on me again in there.

As far as technique, I just sit her on my legs and hold her with both hands so she can splash and play with her toys.

I just love being a mommy

I bathed a lot with my daughter (child #2) but baby #3 always seemed to poop in the tub - yucky. I would add that I found it helpful to have dh home when I took a bath with the baby. Otherwise the baby and me are both wet (and possibly poopy) and it was a little overwhelming. With baby #1 dh and were both intimidate about bathing him at all so it didn't happen to often. It's all a blur but I must have taken some baths with him. I haven't taken a bath in ages with my toddler because the older two fight over who gets to take a bath with him.

Laura

I shower with my 3 month old and she loves it. I mainly started because I was tired of fighting her to take a bath (she'd scream bloody muder the whole time). We started 2 weeks ago and almost everyday around 9am we take a shower together. We bond, she gets her bath, and then after I use her bedtime body wash and lotion she is ready for a nap.

I haven't yet taken a bath with my 7 mo. old, but I have taken one with the older three when they were babies and yeah they are slippery little suckers. Just reading about all you guys I think one is in the works soon though. She loves bath time all by herself so I'm sure she'll like it with mama. I want to get the bedtime bath and lotion though, does it really relax them?
    My name is Rosie and I'm a mother to 3 girls and 2 boys

My girls:Janessa 10.30.93, Reanna 03.25.99 and Mylee 09.20.06
    My sons, Isaiah 07.16.97 and Shawn 09.12.08

I haven't tried the bedtime lotion yet. On the bottle it said to wait until about three months old so I will be using it very soon! I tried taking a bath with my lo for the first time the other night. She is almost three months. She didn't seem as happy or comfortable as she is when I give her a bath in her tub. I was so looking forward to her bathing with me and I now I feel discouraged. I want to try again, but I just don't want her to be uncomfortable. I had her in my arms, then I tried putting her in between my knees. Any other suggestions where she might be more comfy.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

The Johnsons Bedtime Bath and lotion is wonderful. Kayleigh will be grouchy and fussy, I will take a shower with her and use the bedtime bath cloths and lotion after she is dried off and she isn't fussy anymore at all. I will nurse her and she zonks right out. It smells so good also, I think it really relaxs them. I have been using it since she was 5 days old and everytime it has relaxed her.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingmommy View Post
    . Any other suggestions where she might be more comfy.
    Have you tried using a bath sling? At first DS was like that and i'd lay him on his bath sling with the head end propped up on my feet (if the water was a little too deep) and eventually he got used to being in the bath with me and loves to snuggle now! We use the sling from this set.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

glad i found this thread!!!! Ready to run water now. Ok so if they fall asleep in tub how do you keep them sleep and get clothes on?
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)