Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Getting my breasts back?

Default Getting my breasts back?

Alittle OT but i wanted to ask someone and this seemed like a good place.

My DS is turning one in less then 2 weeks. We've been working hard and he should be off the boob by his birthday. My question is, how will my breast change? Will the area around the nipple lighten up any in color or decrease in size any, like they were before i was pregnant? I have alot of loose skin on my breasts, and they sag kinda bad, will that skin bounce back so to say alittle or at all? Is there anything i can do to help that skin tighten up and maybe make my boobs less saggy? lotion maybe?
    thanks for any info

Default Re: Getting my breasts back?

I don't have any ideas for you, but just wanted to you I feel ya. DD and I are almost to a year of bfing and i'm starting to get really worried about what my post bfing boobs will look like!! If anyone has any input i know i'd love to read it too! to you, i know how you're feeling.

Yeah, I hear you ladies. I am worried that if I have any more children and BF any more...my "ladies" might be down to my knees from sagging & stretching...

We can always get boob lifts!?!?!

First of all, it's PREGNANCY that causes the changes in the breast, not breastfeeding. Yep. That's right. The ol' girls would still be hanging a little lower than before and the areola would still look like a big ol' slice of bologna even if you hadn't have breastfed.

As for the color, yeah, that will probably lighten a little, but the areola will probably still be larger than before. The skin may not bounce back right away, but most mothers do notice a gain in fullness several months after weaning (scientific reason is that the milk producing glands involute and are replaced by a layer of fatty tissue).

This website has some great discussion and even photos on this very topic. Check it out: www.007b.com

"a big ol' slice of bologna"

I just almost peed my pants. Another super side effect of pregnancy....
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Yep.

A friend of mine who only breast fed for a month or so put it best:
    "I had apples before I got pregnant: nice round apples. Now I have pears!!" We were talking about the need for really good bras.