Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help, DS doesn't want to nurse

Default Help, DS doesn't want to nurse

Hi
    As you know I'm still trying to increase my milk supply. Although my DS doesn't want to nurse anymore. We still had the morning where he would feed good and this morning he started crying and screaming just like all the other feedings. I really don't know what to do anymore. He has been very fussy lately. Could there be something else bothering him.

Default Re: Help, DS doesn't want to nurse

There's probably some other issue -- just keep offering to nurse him and do your best to show him that the breast is a nice place to be Also, nursing baby while he's sleepy or sleeping can be effective.

Let us know how things are going!

I have been having that exact same problem, on and off, for a while now. This weekend, I spent LOTS of skin on skin time with baby. We slept bare chest/belly against one another for a few nights in a row, and as skeptical as I was of this concept actually working, it did aid in helping coax her back to me. Please try it. I swear.

Hey
    Thanks for the replies. It's been a bit better today. I believe my LO is teething, he's been fussy on and off. He's also having a hard time settling before naps and bedtime, especially at night. As per skin to skin, he sleeps through the night, so I'd rather not start something, but I'll try during his naps in the day and see if it works. Someone also told me to change his bottle nipples to slow or #1's again, to make it harder for him to feed quickly. And Someone told me that a baby uses only 4 muscles to bottlefeed and 40 to breastfeed. So I guess I can see why they prefer bottles.