Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What happens after?

Default What happens after?

Hi, I have a somewhat random question.. what happens to the breast tissue once we stop bf? Does the size reduce back to what it was originally or does it stay somewhere in between?

Default Re: What happens after?

Oh, this is a good question; thanks for starting this!

I'd love to hear other responses to this! My BF'ing circle of friends have seen all kinds of aftermaths....one stayed 'larger' than she was pre-pregnancy, one got much smaller than she was pre-preg, some just went back to similar to where they had been.... At one year (and still going) of BF DS, I'm now a little larger than I was pre-preg, but much smaller than I was at, say, 3-6 months in to BF'ing.

Others?? Please share your experiences!

Anybody have any experiences to share?

Breasts typically return to pre-nursing/pre-pregnancy size within 6 months to a year after complete weaning.

I cannot give any personal experience with this though as I've either been pregnant or nursing for the past 7 years or so, lol.

HAHAHHA.... well, i started out a B cup pre preg. Then I swelled to an almost D cup...... YAY!, but then after 4-5 months, boobs went to a smooshy A-B. I nursed my first daughter until just over a year, but my milk never completely went away until I got preg again 2 yrs after weaning. I didn't have leaking or anything, but if daddy was messing around too much, he'd get some...hahahaha.
    So when I got preg the second time, milk dried up and then after baby was born, Full c-d size again... YAY!!!, I was happy to have boobs, cuz it was such a flattering figure I thought. So after nursing her for 7-8 months, she decided she was done and then I went to smoshy A-B again with milk not entirely drying up til preg 3.
    Preg 3, I miscarried.... and milk went away. Then Baby 3, (preg 4) I had milk, but my son got very very sick at 2 weeks and the hospitalization and stress and worry caused me to dry overnight. And you just read how my milk refused to dry up in between babies, but to see my son almost die caused it to dry immediately. So, poor baby wasn't breastfed. I couldn't get it to come back as hard as I tried.
    My fourth baby ....... I was smooshy A-B until milk came in after delivery, then went to the C-D, but like the other babies, after nursing about 5 months, went back to smooshy A-B. Keep in mind though, that they were all exclusively bf with no suppliments until at 9 months the first baby, 6 months the second baby and 9 months the 4th baby. ALthough I had small smooshy, I had PLENTY of milk.
    Also, i was joking with friends that my boobs don't sag cuz they're small, but my nipples do....HAHAHAHAHHA, which is true. I joke that I need a nipple lift.... but my nipples were really big even before I nursed.....
    Hope this helps........ Gen

Since I started this I guess I should tell where I am.. I was a small B.. then became a full D during pregnancy. I am still bfeeding after 11 months, I pump at work, so I am still a D.. but they are slowly but surely deflating! I guess its becuase my production is going down with him eating more solids.

Im about to get a bathing suit for summer and was wondering if it was going to end up being too big on top! At this rate it looks like it!

This is interesting, and I had the same question. Pre-pregnancy i was a B and during pregnancy a C. Now bf I am a BIG D. I am only nursing my son before bed, in the middle of the night and first feeding in the morning and I haven't changed at all. He is 6 months almost and wiht a lower production of milk now I thought I would shrink....nothing yet.