Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm going to do it!

Smile I'm going to do it!

I'm going to start breastfeeding again and get my little one off of formula! I thought I couldn't do it but I know I can and it's going to be a long process since I'm not really producing anymore but I'm going to give it a go! I do need to get a better pump though, hospital grade one, any advice on which one to get would be great!

Default Re: I'm going to do it!

I have no advice on breast pumps, but what great decision! The very best thing for your little one. I know that breastfeeding is one of the ways that I show my children I love them and care for them. Good Luck!

Thumbs up Re: I'm going to do it!

Great job on going back to BF. How old is your baby. A hospital grade i think would be great for you. You should contact your local LLL if you haven't I hope all goes well for you. My LO is 3 weeks old and I'm reitroducing him back on the breast. It may a task at first but don't give up. This forum really helps and give alot of moral support so stick with it.

That's great that you are going to bring baby back to the breast! As far as hospital-grade pumps go, I use a Medela Lactina Select (I rent it from my lactation consultant but also the hospital rents). I've also heard good things about the Medela Pump in Style Advanced (the advanced, not the original, is hospital grade) and my lactation consultant also recommended the Avent Isis Duo IQ. Good luck!

Good for you!

I'm positive you can do it! I am just starting to attempt to BF my 6 month old DD (see other post on this forum), we never BF before so you will have less challenges! I had NO milk (let it dry up right after birth) and after 4 days of exclusive pumping and taking herbs and domperidone I now have drops. I have a long way to go before I can get a good supply but I am moving so fast.

The forums and the LLL website have GREAT information. As well as www.drjacknewman.com in the area of relactation. I am working with an LC and we will be using an SNS and breast sheild next week to try and get her back to breast. If you want to know what herbs and dose I am taking feel free to ask!

GOOD FOR YOU!

I use the Medela Symphony I rent for $60/mo from a local hospital. I also have the PIS Advanced. I use the Symphony in the living room and the Advanced I keep in the bathroom to pump in the middle of the night and just before I shower. I try to pump anytime I have a second to sit down for a min of 10 min, longer if I can.

Good luck! You will find lots of support here!

That's wonderful. Best wishes. It will take much dedication but you can do it. We are here if you need support.

Don't forget that your local LLL is a great support group as well and seeing the breastfeeding relationships first hand will be much inspiration.
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/Webindex.html?m=0,0,2

thats great i didnt know u could start anywhere i thought once u dry up thats it

Well I went out and bought the Medela Pump in Style Advance yesterday. I haven't been able to use it just yet because I need a transformer or need to make sure the one I have is high enough to not short the pump out (I live in Germany right now). There is one english speaking local LLL member that I'm going to contact as well next week. I know it's going to be a challenge but I'm really going to give it a huge try!

Quote Originally Posted by heatherc View Post
    That's great that you are going to bring baby back to the breast! As far as hospital-grade pumps go, I use a Medela Lactina Select (I rent it from my lactation consultant but also the hospital rents). I've also heard good things about the Medela Pump in Style Advanced (the advanced, not the original, is hospital grade) and my lactation consultant also recommended the Avent Isis Duo IQ. Good luck!
    Actually, according to the Medela website, www.medela.com, the three hospital-grade pumps they make for rent are the Symphony, Lactina and Classic. The new PISA has a technology that was first developed for their rental pumps, but it is still not the same as the above three hospital-grade pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrishchika View Post
    I'm going to start breastfeeding again and get my little one off of formula! I thought I couldn't do it but I know I can and it's going to be a long process since I'm not really producing anymore but I'm going to give it a go! I do need to get a better pump though, hospital grade one, any advice on which one to get would be great!
    How wonderful of you to give relactation a try!

How old is your lo?

How long have you been away from bf?

Have you been able to get in touch with a local Leader yet, or check out the stickies at the top of this forum?

Please let us know what kind of questions you have!