Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: not nursing???? need help!!!

Exclamation not nursing???? need help!!!

my son is almost 10 weeks old and the last two feedings this morning dylan will suck for a couple of mins and then pull off just screaming and screaming and i try to latch him back on and he wont so i take him up and burp him and get him calmed down and try again and he does the same thing he kinda flails around and kicks his legs too

whats wrong with him and what am i doing wrong????

he has probably nursed no more than 10-15 mins since his 4am feeding and its 1030 am now

what should i do? hes sleeping now though after all that crying

Default Re: not nursing???? need help!!!

Nipple confusion? Are you using a bottle or pacifier? Formula? If yes, then he could be getting frustrated with your slower boob flow because a bottle requires less "work".

I would keep up with the burping. My DD gets squirmy and pulls off when she has a bubble, and if she's particularly hungry she'll cry to get back on. The crying creates more air, which is a viscious cycle.

I'm sure other people will chime in.

Hi Jessica,
    How are you both doing with the thrush treatments? I peeked at your other posts and saw you've had to struggle with that.
    Perhaps his ears are bothering him?

Mary

we are only breastfeeding now and no pacifiers

the thrush i assume is gone we quit using the nystatin because it was making it worse so my dr gave me fluconozale? so i have taken that 4 times and tonight is my last pill

my nipples are still a little sore but i think its from him pulling off like he has been doing.

we have both been fighting a cold for a few weeks but we are almost healed up from that some people have said he may have an ear infection

we have his 2month appt (when hes almost 11weeks old lol) on the 13th so i guess ill have them checked then unless it seems like they are bothering him

thank you guys for your help and reassurance

i'm thinking ear infection, my dd's always seem to follow about a week after a cold ends. just when you think you are in the clear