Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby led - baby not interested!

Default baby led - baby not interested!

okay, we have been doing the baby led approach here for the past week or so and so far it seems like kaeden couldn't give a rats a** about eating solids. sometimes he doesn't even acknowledge the food in front of him. i think he has picked something up once or twice. something almost made it into his mouth once. is this completely normal? does this mean he is not going to really like solids anytime soon or is it something that may just change at a moments notice? any other lo's who just didn't seem to care for a while and then went on to become good eaters?
    oh, when i'm eating pizza or anything he can't have, he does dive for it, but just isn't interested when we try to give him the stuff he can have.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lollapin; April 16th, 2007 at 10:59 PM.

Paula
    Mom to Cody 2/3/92
    Mommy to Kaeden 10/06/06

Default Re: baby led - baby not interested!

how old is baby?
    sometimes it takes them a while before they figure out what to do.
    IF baby is younger then 9 months I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    Breastmilk is best for the 1st year.
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...lids-when.html

Yes. Baby Led means just that. If your child shows no interest in solids, put them away and try again in another week. Interest doesn't always mean ready. DJ seem interested food for week before we gave him any. But if you tried to offer him anything he would either turn his head or just stare at it and not open his mouth. And the 1st few times we offered him stuff on his tray, he would pick it up, and put it everywhere BUT his mouth. At a time when EVERYTHING went in his mouth. Don't worry. Follow the ques.

Way too lazy for formula

thanks everyone. we'll keep trying every once in awhile!

Paula
    Mom to Cody 2/3/92
    Mommy to Kaeden 10/06/06

I think what I would do is at every meal time when you sit down to eat put him in his highchair and put some stuff on the tray and leave him to it. If he plays with it, fine, if he puts it in his mouth, even better, eventually he will eat it. It's a slow process, not an overnight thing (like spoon feeding is) but like everyone else says, don't worry, he'll do it when he is ready!

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    I think what I would do is at every meal time when you sit down to eat put him in his highchair and put some stuff on the tray and leave him to it. If he plays with it, fine, if he puts it in his mouth, even better, eventually he will eat it. It's a slow process, not an overnight thing (like spoon feeding is) but like everyone else says, don't worry, he'll do it when he is ready!

Jenny
    thanks, that is what i think i'll do!

Paula
    Mom to Cody 2/3/92
    Mommy to Kaeden 10/06/06

we have been doing this for a awhile (2 months) and DD is just NOW starting to show some interest. She is now 9 1/2 months.

HTH