Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ive had the flu for 3 days and Im no longer letting down. help!

Exclamation Ive had the flu for 3 days and Im no longer letting down. help!

I have had the flu for three days now. I havent been able to eat much, just saltines and jello. Trying to drink enough, but I am still dehydrated. I am no longer letting down when I feed my 8 month old son. He is starting to get frustrated and Im starting to get worried. My milk will come back right?

Default Re: Ive had the flu for 3 days and Im no longer letting down. help!

try to get FENUGREEK to help with supply its 610mg three x day...or u could ask ur dr for reglan...

I didn't lose my supply when I was sick recently (thankfully), but a close friend did (she'd never had supply problems before). She was pretty scared and ended up having to supplement for a few days, but she just kept putting baby to breast and her supply came right back a few days later.

I wouldn't go the medication route until you'll sure it's a long-term problem. Just my opinion.

I'm just getting over a sickness myself. And to ensure my supply stayed up I drank as much fluids as possible. I had no appetite, so I made sure the small things I did eat were high in protein and good fats. Also, every day I would strip down DS and myself and have some really good skin to skin contact naps and playtime.

I hope you bounce back really soon.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Thank you for the advice. Im slowly getting better, but still no let down. Im trying the mother's milk tea to see if that works. What is FENUGREEK? Just curious. Im trying to nurse him as much as possible with little supplementing.