Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help i want a nite out!

Default help i want a nite out!

What do you guys suggest? My baby is EBF and doesn't take a bottle and I want to go out with some buddies until 2 in the morning. Non-alcoholic night of course but getting out will be 1st time since my baby was born and he's like 27 weeks old now. what do i do? do I go out and let his dad try the bottle and just let him wait til I get home or what? If I'm lucky sometimes he'll go to bed around 9pm and sleep all nite but then what if he doesn't and I might not get home til 3.

What do you guys do? Please say some of you guys go out. Cuz this is a real bummer to not go out til he weans.

Default Re: help i want a nite out!

Would you be too far from home to get there for a feed if you needed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan and Justin's mom
    Would you be too far from home to get there for a feed if you needed to?
    yes. I live 30 mins away from everything.

Well, I'm not sure what to say. Maybe have your husband try to give a bottle again a few days or more before you go out, just to see how he does. If he wakes up once you are out, maybe have your husband try the bottle but call you so you know if you need to rush home or not. Sorry I'm not much help. Have you thought about what you are going to do if you start to feel too full while you are out?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan and Justin's mom
    Well, I'm not sure what to say. Maybe have your husband try to give a bottle again a few days or more before you go out, just to see how he does. If he wakes up once you are out, maybe have your husband try the bottle but call you so you know if you need to rush home or not. Sorry I'm not much help. Have you thought about what you are going to do if you start to feel too full while you are out?
    I could just go hand express some milk for comfort and pump once I get home unless he's hungry. I don't know... I really want to go out. haha isn't that sad?

Could you possibly just make different arrangements -- perhaps invite your girlfriends over to your house for some fun instead?

Don't worry - you'll definately be able to go out before he weans! He's only a few months old and still very small. Right now he needs you most of the time but the time will come when you very well can be separated from him for longer than just a few hours

How many total hours do you think you would be separated? Is he consistantly sleeping through?

Have you considered maybe trying a shorter girls night out first and see how that goes? Maybe a little trial run for all three of you? Maybe if he sleeps through, you'd all feel more confident about your leaving for a longer period of time.

This sounds like you want to go to a concert or something, maybe? Do you have time to test things out between now and then? Maybe you could work out a plan for making it back home in case your ds won't take the bottle or won't stop crying?

yea I guess I could take a test-drive. We tried when he was 4 mos and my mom called to say he was hungry and wouldn't eat sooo hopefully this time will be better.

I am with you on wanting to have a girl's nite out! I tried a few times but my husband would call me to tell me DS was just not having it!! I think my problem is he wants to sleep with his mommy Now my girlfriends and I just get together with children IN-TOW and cook and just enjoy talking about our kids. Mabye you could do the same. It's nice to have the "girls nite" at my house so I could put my DS down and enjoy my friends company and still be available if need be.