Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this enough fluids?

Default Is this enough fluids?

DD is 7mo and eats 3 solid meals a day (sometimes rice cereal w/ EBM, sometimes baby food, sometimes table food like banana, avocado, bread, potato, etc). Sometimes she gets a few sips of water or watery juice throughout the day, but not much. She nurses every 3 hours or so and sleeps through the night. So, my question is just to be sure; With at least 5-6 wet diapers per day, is nursing only 6x per 24 hours enough to keep her hydrated? TIA

Default Re: Is this enough fluids?

Mady nurses 6 times a day too and sleeps through the night. So far, we've only been giving her one meal a day with a bit of water in a sippy cup. Her wet diaper output hasn't changed, so I don't think theres anything to worry about. If you're still worried, maybe feed her some juicy fruits so she'll be getting some fluids out of them? Right now Mady's on a pear kick, she'll sit and suck the juices out of one for an hour!

Sounds good to me mama!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Yay! Thank you