Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 mos old ready for solids...

Default 6 mos old ready for solids...

Does any one have any hints on food to give him? I have read on this board to give him avocado, quinoa and sweet potato. How do I prepare them? What other foods are good to use as 1st foods?

Truthfully, my mom is really pressuring me to feed him and he's still doing fine with breastfeeding (although he does reach for food and make chewing motions when he sees us eating) but since I live with her I'm starting to cave. So my compromise will be home prepared foods. Its cheaper right?

All your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tara

Default Re: 6 mos old ready for solids...

bannana is good too, you don't even have to cook it just scrape a little off with a spoon. And give baby a few bites.

I've found a lot of good websites that tell you exactly how to prepare and store food. If you don't find any I'll reply tomorrow with a link when I am on my own computer (I'm on my 10 yr old son's PC right now). All I did was type "homemade baby food" into my search engine (i.e. Google).

I think my son is about the same age as yours (Oct 12/05)

Deb

Thanks for your help! I'll be checking back.

Smile Re: 6 mos old ready for solids...

The websites I liked are the same as the ones listed in the earlier response. They are really good sites.