Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: dryed prunes

Default dryed prunes

i use biological vegetables and fruits for solids. The only bio fruits i can find this period are bananas, apples, oranges and kiwi's. After using the first ones Lydia hasn't made any poops for 3 days and is having hard time. can i use dryed prunes in her fruit puree?

Default Re: dryed prunes

I think you can. My son had some problems with constipation when he first started taking solids and the nurse told me to give him some prune juice so that may work too. Also, if you can give prune juice I guess that means you can give prunes too In our case putting a teaspoon of coconut oil into his fruit puree worked as well.

i give austin the insides of prunes if it seems like its been awhile....also, back off on the banannas until your lo goes....whats bio food? the same as organic?
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

baby cereal can bother some babies too, so if your giving rice you might want to cut that out for a few days and just give the fruits and nurse untill her poops are back to normal and then slowly try adding more fruits.
    My dd cann't handle more then 1/2 a banannna in a day or she has trouble pooping.

I also offer some water with each solids feeding. He hasn`t had problems pooping, but I second cutting back on the bananas.
    Are kiwis ok?

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

Thanks for your advices. I use the term bio instead of organic. I do offer water with each feeding but she doesn't like it. She doesn't drink from even the bottle. Anyway, i stopped rice cereal. Generally, i have cut large amounts of solids and nurse again. I was lucky cause now i am on holidays but next week i start working at the school and giving her fruits in the morning was such a large solution for me. I hate pumping. I haven't pumped for 2 weeks and today that i started i realised that i have such less milk