Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby food processor/food mill?

Default baby food processor/food mill?

I am starting my 6 mo LO on solids soon and am interested in making her food. Does anyone have any good suggestions on baby food makers and such? Also, any good websites or cookbooks for the best ideas? Thanks

Default Re: baby food processor/food mill?

I have a manual kidco mill for travel and small jobs.

http://www.kidco.com

I use an 11 cup old cuisinart for everything else. You can get one on ebay. It's virtually indestructable and can get out all lumps. I have a new mini cuisinart too. It's ok for small stuff....

I also started with this cookbook and kit: http://freshbaby.com/

Good luck!

I also use my Cuisinart food processor for baby food - it's wonderful! We follow the Superbaby food book more or less...

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Baby-Foo...6380522&sr=1-1

I use(d) the website the web site www.wholesomebabyfood.com

They have great recipies and it's SUPER easy to do. My mom actually bought me a food processor from walmart for christmas. I love it because it does large quantities at a time. It's really a great one. Feel free to PM me with any questions if you want. I loved making AJ's baby food.

Oh I just got the best book! It's called 'Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby' by Annabel Karmel

My LO is only 3 1/2 months so we haven't tried any of them out, but I've gone all through the book...it's great. It's has colorful pics and gives very thorough instructions (I love to cook and be in the kitchen but have to have my recipes to know how!) and the recipes look yummy, I can't wait to make them for her.

Angela (AP), mommy to Charlotte Rose (12/22/06) and Ruby (7/30/09) http://lettiebuzz.blogspot.com/

I love One Step Ahead. They have cubes and mills.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonamb View Post
    Oh I just got the best book! It's called 'Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby' by Annabel Karmel
    I just recently bought this book and started with it today. I went simple and started with avocado. My ds is 6months today He devoured them. I am really excited to be able to do this.

Any suggestions that you've learned would be appreciated. I never thought I would be making my own baby food.
    Breastfed for 20months

I haven't started making my own food yet since DS is only 2 months old but I heard a great tip I thought I'd share. Make a large amount of baby food then put the extra into ice cube trays to freeze. Once frozen, put them into a labeled ziplock bag or tupperware and you have premade individual servings. I haven't looked at any recipe books but I've heard frozen fruits and veggies cooked/thawed and pureed in a food processor is great in a pinch.

I plan on doing this once DS is on solids. I'm hoping to have a "cooking day" where I can make enough food to last a few weeks so it'll be easier.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies