Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Water?

Question Water?

What kind of water are you using to make your babies' food? I was using nursery water but then I've heard too much fluoride may not be good for babies and that distilled water may be harmful for the body. I was going to use filtered water but my husband didn't want it since it was filter with ozone or something which is not good something something I don't know what to use now??? I think we are being too cautious anyway but being first time parents makes you like that I guess

Default Re: Water?

Hi there,

Your username caught my attention and though I don't have an "expert" opinion, the water quality that I use to mix with juice is one of the things I've had to let go. Believe me, I think we all find that one issue or another in our baby's development is meaningful or important to consider, so I think it's normal to be thoughtful (or even over-think, as is my tendancy) our choices as new parents.

BTW, I use the water from our Brita to dilute the juice.

I'm sure that all you do for your baby promotes and sustains his/her health.

I boil tap water and let it cool or wait till it's lukewarm and then I mix it to the cereal or whatever you're using.

Um...I just use water from the tap...is that bad?

Angela

I have been using wather filtered through the fridge. It seems to work fine.

I don't use tap water because we are living in an old building and the pipes may contain lead I've heard.

I always used expressed breastmilk to make cereal, when I made it. Now we use tapwater, and dd drinks a lot of water. If I were you I would just buy regular old bottled water. Its tested, so you know nothing is wrong, and it doesn't contain anything extra.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    I always used expressed breastmilk to make cereal, when I made it.
    This is what I usually do, but when I can't get any out by hand (like in the past week when my supply suddenly dropped ) I use water from our Brita pitcher.