Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you sneak the veggies in?

Default How do you sneak the veggies in?

Hi everyone! My 13 month-old daughter is a total carnivore. She'll eat tofu, chicken, fish, or beef until the cows come home (or run scared), but veggies often get left on her tray. If I put them on her tray first, she'll throw them off and reach for something she likes more.

I've found that she will eat her veggies if they are cooked into something she likes. I make turkey meatballs that are mostly vegetables with a little turkey, and broccoli quiche, and she'll eat those just fine. Does anyone have any recipes that are good for sneaking vegetables into a carnivorous baby?

Default Re: How do you sneak the veggies in?

meatloaf is a good one. I add some combintation of carrots, zucchini and spinach. (I hate zucchini myself, so it's good for me too. ) I also add ham & peas or spinach to mac & cheese.

Mine actually loves his vegtables, so this is more for my convienence. Both of those things freeze well so I make a large batch and always keep some in the freezer for quick meals.

I also used to make him these chicken sausages (but I shaped them like balls) out of "first meals." You just wack some chicken breast, a green apple and onion into the food processor, shape, roll in flour and fry. he used to love them, but now I can't get him to eat chicken. He only likes beef and ham. Not veg, I know, but you could do the same thing with carrots or something.

Default Re: How do you sneak the veggies in?

My son is a carb-o-vore. 8^) I make pancakes with whole wheat, (add flax seed/oil, wheat germ also), and 1/2 cup of whatever baby veggies pureed I have. Then if it needs more liquids I'll add some EBM. Favs in my house are: sweet potatoes, carrots, apples w/prunes, bananas w/strawberries. Haven't tried the green veggies in the pancakes yet though.