Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help for a Mom in central AB Canada

Default help for a Mom in central AB Canada

Hi ladies- I have a lovely lady on another forum who is struggling to relactate to breastfeed her 6 week old baby. She's pumping regularily, taking one of the medications (can't remember which one!), and trying to get the baby to latch..... this poor momma has had NO and I mean NO help from any agency who should be there for her- the public health nurses have told her that they'll come by to help her after she gets her milk supply built up (hello?!? ), No one has been able to recommend a LC, and when she called the local LLL leader she was told that she could join their group, but that she would have to pay for her membership- not one mention of help for her at alll!!!!!

PLEASE!! if anyone know's of a LC, or Doula, midwives group, or even an LLL member who's willing to actually DO something to help this poor woman- please let me know!!!
    daniandnick@hotmail.com

Thanx all!

Dani

Default Re: help for a Mom in central AB Canada

did you give her the address for this fourum?
    sometimes just comming and talking helps.

she could call another leader too, what she was told was not cool!
    theres no charge for a leaders help. Some don't do home visits but that was not cool!

She is posting regularily on another breastfeeding support forum (which is where i know her from) but really doesn't have alot of time for posting (she has 2 other younger children at home too!!!), what she needs is home support- she's not feeling very confident and is pretty overwhelmed 9as you can imagine) she needs someone who can visit her at home and tell her she's doing a good job, make sure the baby is latching properly, and just give her the boost of confidence she needs to keep trying.
    I don't think the LLL leader she contacted was "asking for money", I just think that she herself doenst do home visits and was explaining about the LLL meetings.
    The public health nurses just refused to come for a home visit "yet" again yesterday too!!!! I'm so angry about this!!!

I would contact Lenore and Dr. Newman for help. They are both in Canada but different areas. They can give some on-line help. Who knows, maybe they are nearby. Lenore has a clinic and it is free. Just type in at google.com - ask Lenore - for specific web-site. I wish your friend well!
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

If you don't mind me asking where in central ab is she? I'm in red deer and a close friend of mine is a Public health nurse here, I could ask her if there's anybody she can recommend. JLMK.
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.