Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternatives to Block Feeding? Long story, but please help!

Default Re: Alternatives to Block Feeding? Long story, but please help!

Just wanted to say I empathise with you - sometimes it feels like groundhog day! Hang in there - I have had to block feed and thought I had it sorted when my wee darling started sleeping 9 hours at night - which is great but I wake with very full breasts and a wet top and bed - a bit of hand expressing has helped with latch on and very slowly my supply seems to be settling. It does take a while to get block feeding going though and my daughter seems to be used to latching on to full breasts and usually pulls off a few times to catch her breath initially but has learnt to cope with this and no longer gets frustrated.

Default Re: Alternatives to Block Feeding? Long story, but please help!

Sending more support your way and a new post to commiserate. I thought all was well but I am now oversupplied once again with lots of watery-looking milk and a day's worth of lime green stools (today) from LO. I have no idea how to control this problem. I agree that pumping early on might be the root of these problems - I pumped a ton at first and had tons of milk.

How are you doing these days?
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky