Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!! Milk supply is steadily dropping

Default Help!!! Milk supply is steadily dropping

My DD will be 8 months in two weeks and has been thriving well from my pumped milk. Well, I just got my cycle back (4 consistent days) last Wed. I told my DH that my supply dropped and I needed his support...basically I won't be able to pump as much. I pumped four 3oz bags ono Friday for today. When I got ready to leave, he goes this nothing...she (our DD) will drink this up before 2pm. I told him that was an insult because I REALLY work hard to get the milk I pump for our baby. He goes that I had two days (Sat/Sun) to pump milk. All mom's know that when you are with LO, you don;t get as NEARLY as much milk for reserves as you do away from LO. I managed to get 2 oz on Sunday. I asked him to give her all the breastmilk then, try to give a bottle of formula and he REFUSED! She needs more milk, he says. Then he goes how could you leave me with only this small amount... He seems to forget that she eats and he does not give her breakfast, which would in my opinion help to stretch my milk...I normally bring home 16 oz. I really need some help and do NOT want to stop breastfeeding.

Default Re: Help!!! Milk supply is steadily dropping

could he bring baby into your work to nurse on a break?
    Men are a big pain sometimes...
    you should be able to pump more milk after your period is done.

thanks, Andrea. I think he is trying to be sympathetic...now He goes, honey, I have one bag left...He makes you panic more than you already do as a FT working mom

My supply always drops just before or during the first 2 days of AF. My dr suggested calcium and magnesium to help with that. Hope that you get regulated.