Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mushrooms, Cheese and Pork?

Default Mushrooms, Cheese and Pork?

Has anyone tried giving your LOs mushrooms? Is this ok? And when is it ok to start giving mushrooms?

I am thinking of offering my son some cheese to try. But I was overwhelmed at the choices. What kinds of cheese do you give for a 1st time?

When is it ok to start babies on pork? Or maybe even minced meat?

TIA for any advice.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

Default Re: Mushrooms, Cheese and Pork?

Anyone?
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

i did monteray jack cheeses smushed....and shredded mozzerella a little mushed too.... i havent done mushrooms yet and only ground venison and shredded chicken for meat.....and maybe pork after it was in the crock pot all day?? i think you can do meat whenever.....it varies in different cultures
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

I gave Kesiah a warmed cheese sandwich with bits of mushroom in it just yesterday and she seemed to like the mushrooms well enough. They were cooked a bit while the cheese toasted, and were cut relatively small. On the chart I have of common allergenic/problem foods and when to introduce them, it lists pork between 12-18 mos. Mushrooms aren't on the list, so I think that it must not be a major concern. FWIW, Kesiah's a year old and had them for the first time yesterday.

Thanks. That really helped!

I give DS, who is 10 months old cheddar or mozzeralla cheese. I buy those cheese sticks and break off small pieces. I bought some cottage cheese the other day, but have not tried it yet. He loves the other cheese.
    Last edited by BJD102; April 16th, 2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: type
    Mama to Andrew 6-20-06
    My angel in heaven, Benjamin William 11-2-07 to 11-5-07
    Kaitlyn 6-12-09

Our little guy had mushrooms (sauteed - then cooked on a pizza) at around 10 months, I think. His first cheese was actually some shredded cheese off my salad at a restaurant one day (he finished all we had for him and was REALLY wanting some of what I was having) about the same time. Then, at home we give him little slices off of a cheese stick, and that works well.

This is just a gut feeling but I would make sure that the cheese for such a LO is pasteurized.

I have given my LO:
    Cheddar
    colby
    swiss
    munster
    cream cheese
    cottage cheese
    parmesan
    gouda
    emmentaler
    appenzeller (sp?)
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

Thanks everyone, for the infor! This is why I just LOVE this forum.
    I gave my son some Emmentaler the other day, and he LOVED it. But for a few days after that, he had a red ring around his anus, with small little lumps. They don't seem to hurt. I am going to wait a while before giving him any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy View Post
    Cheese, What kind of cheeses do you have there? Are you Austrian? I ask as well I can go on about different names, but some you will not find there I am sure.
    Abby
    No, I am not Austrian. (I am Singaporean, actually.) We live and work in Vienna. They have a wide range of cheeses here but some of the names don't sound familiar. Gouda, Emmentaler, cottage cheese, definitely are available.

Thanks for all the replies. You've helped.