Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: one-year-old nursing almost exclusively still

Default Re: one-year-old nursing almost exclusively still

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    dr sears has some good info on feeding picky eaters.
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/T030800.asp
    Thanks for the link.

Most kids slow in their growth at that age any ways.
    Just make sure what your feeding is healthy whole foods and your son should do just fine.
    Well, that's the thing. He doesn't eat very many healthy whole foods. I'm asking whether eating something is better than eating nothing.

A food diary might help too, write down what hes eating and then look at a weeks worth of foods. insead of just a day!
    I've thought about doing that, but I haven't actually made the effort yet. Maybe I should start today.
    you might have more luck with self feeding table foods then the mashed up jar baby foods.
    Like I said in my initial post, I've tried many, many types of foods, ranging from jarred baby foods to what we're eating. Most of it he won't even touch. What he will eat is pretty varied, and some of it is jarred and some isn't.

Also, in observing him and other one-year-olds recently (and also based on some of the food suggestions I've seen here), he does not know how to chew. I thought that was normal for a toddler his age, but if other one-year-olds are eating meat, he's definitely not normal. When I give him solids, he just keeps it in his mouth and maybe moves it around a little with his tongue, but it takes a very long time for it to finally go down, if it does at all. The foods he'll eat are the ones that go down easily with little to no effort on his part.

Is there a way I can teach him how to chew?

we were talking about that a while back.
    Lowe one of the moms here has one of her kids in therapy maybe she'll post I'll go back and see if I can find the other post and bump it up for you.