Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ppd

Default Ppd

I am wondering what types of things people use for dealing with light PPD (post pardum depression) while nursing. DD is 6 months old - and I have tried the calming teas to drink and what not - but it doesn;t seem to be working 100%. I don't want to take any medication because it crosses over.

It's not bad - just ups and downs that I didn;t have with DD#1 - and i don;t want to let it get worse.

Does anyone know if St. John's Wart is safe during nursing (for mom to take)? Maybe the tea or something?

Thanks!

Default Re: Ppd

I would love to know of anything as well. I have mild anxiety at lower moods at times but really want to stay away from meds. Everything I have looked in to so far seems to be cautionary when nursing.

hey, i found this site today which is all about natural parenting. they have a whole board dedicated to ppd. haven't even had a chance to post there yet, but wanted to share the site with you. my anxiety kept me from showering until dh was home today so i gave up waiting for answers here and on one of my other sites (not related to ppd) and went searching.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/index.php

Thanks for the link - i will check it out