Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wwyd?

Default Wwyd?

My lo is refusing jarred foods but will try anything my dh and I are eating. I gave her some soft baked sweet potato and she loved it. The pedi said that most breastfed babies are like that - mothers milk has more 'taste' to it than formula. He said it was fine to feed her what we have, just no spices and mashed of course.

She nurses every 2-3 hours and wakes 2-3 times a night to eat... (9pm - 6am.)

I'm lucky to have been home for 6 months but go back to work in a week and want her to be eating something at daycare.

Default Re: Wwyd?

You can cook up some sweet potato and then freeze it in portions. A quick zap in the microwave and it'll be ready for daycare to serve. Bananas are great, too. They can just cut off a hunk and mash it up.

are you planning on pumping?
    what hours are you going to be working?

If you want to make your own food, I lived by the site www.wholesomebabyfood.com You can make what you want and freeze them in portions to take to the daycare. You can also make the consistancy that you want as well. When we first started, I pureed them real good and he loved it. Then when he started getting a little bigger I would leave it a little more chunky for him to learn to start chewing. Now he hardly eats any "babyfood" but chunks of real food. It's super simple to do too. HTH. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

My daughter would not eat baby jarred food either. She is mostly interested in the meals we are eating with my husband and mom.

What we have been doing is cooking several veggies like potatoes, zuccini, squash, carrot in one batch and then mash them in chunks (size of chunks depending on her ability to swallow and chew bigger pieces, as AJsmommy said) with a little bit of the water in which the veggies were cooked. I also add some organic palm butter to the veggies to make them more tasty and to add some good fats to the meal. I do not freeze but instead make 3-4 portions and keep them in the fridge for couple of days.

HTH

Mama to Ana-Maria ~ May, 25th 2006

I work 14 days out of the month. My 2 week schedule will be like this (red letters being days off - starting on Friday)

Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs

I plan on pumping for the days working and just feeding her the days I'm off. I'm going to try making my own veggies tonight and making them a little thicker and seeing if she likes them. Keep the ideas coming - I'm learning a lot.

Cathie
    Last edited by CatieMay; April 6th, 2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: to fix days off