Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When to start attending LLL meetings?

Default When to start attending LLL meetings?

Hi ladies! I am almost 4 months pregnant and I am wondering when is a good time to start going to LLL meetings? I was thinking around 7 months?

Default Re: When to start attending LLL meetings?

I started when I was 8 months pregnant. I wish I had started earlier in my pregnancy. They are so much fun.

Dee

We too started at about eight months but I wish we had started a few months earlier.

I LOVE to see pregnant moms at the local LLL! I think it really helps to build that support system before the baby comes so that you have a familiar place to go or to call when you have questions or just need a shoulder!

We had a 5 mo. pregnant mom at our last meeting...that was cool!

I say, start attending as soon as you have interest too! Go this month if you feel like it! They are fun and informative and that way you can already start building your support network!

Go ahead and start going now. There is a series of 4 meetings given on a rotating basis. By going now, you can be sure and get all 4 in before your baby is born.
    Congratulations! It's so great that you are taking this time to educate yourself about breastfeeding. It will pay off in the long run!
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Ditto the others: Go as soon as you can!

I personally wish I had attended before my first daughter's birth not only for the direct breastfeeding information, but for more about childbirth. LLL philosophy says "Alert and active participation by the mother in childbirth is a help in getting breastfeeding off to a good start." For my second birth, I used LLL resources including my Group Library to get info that helped me decide the details of my birth well in advance. It allowed me to have that "alert and active participation" and breastfeeding started off great this time!

I started when I was 9 mo. pg with my first and I could have kicked myself for not going earlier. So much great information, potential mommy friends, and support can be gained.

Thanks ladies! I think I may call and start going next month! I need all the support I can get since breastfeeding didn't really go as planned with my 1st. Thanks again. I love this group!