Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Update. (warning loooong post)

Karen J is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Robert Update. (warning loooong post)

At last, Robert has his g-tube! He had to get it re-scheduled for today at 12.30 pm as they needed to put him under a general anesthetic to do it. They tried to do it with him under heavy sedation on Wednesday, but he fought each of their three attempts so, they decided to stop for his safety. It was pretty tough, all I kept thinking was how frightened he must have been to have fought so hard. Then, when I arrived on wednesday for my visit with him, he was his normal inquisitive and cuddle loving self.

Today was such a scary day. It's not the second time he has has a general, he had one to clamp off his PDA when he was much more fragile, but combine a natural worrier with motherhood and surgery and you get the mess I was all morning and early afternoon today.

Seeing the tube was a bit of a shock at first, but seeing him without any tubes or stickies on his face was wonderful and brought it all home to me, why we had agreed to it in the first place. When he came round he was sore, so they gave him some pain medication which worked great. We were able to spend some time holding him, which was good for all three of us. He didn't seem to really notice the tube at all but, was so angry and loud about not being able to have any milk till the morning. Not being able to give him what he wanted was so hard! But despite it all today, he was still the same fiesty little boy he's always been.

Thanks again to you all for your support, , so tired, I'll be off to sleep soon I think.

I found out that a friend of mine had her baby at 27 weeks. Originally I thought it was 20 weeks, but was wrong. Anyways, he has survived two nights already, and I am glad that this is the second time today I have heard of other babies born this early and surviving. Thank you, I believe my friend's son will be okay. I was so worried.

Karen, I am so glad that they finally got the g-tube put in. Thank goodness. Now hopefully he will be going home with you all very very soon! If you need anything, let me know!

Yaay! Glad to hear htings are going well!! Can't wait for going home pictures!!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

I can't wait to see his going home photo. All my positive thoughts to you and your family.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

i am very happy for you that things are going well.The NICU was so hard to deal with, and I was crushed everytime he would turn out not to be coming home. I admire your strength for having dealt with it soo long.They are challenging little men, but very rewarding