Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ? about Playtex Nurser bottles

Default ? about Playtex Nurser bottles

I've started using them again since I feel the flow in the Dr. B's is much faster than my breast. I have the playtex slow flow nipple which is too slow and was wondering if any of you use the variable flow, since I'm thinking that one may be more suitable. The slow flow appears much slower than my breast, since it moves around as if it weren't coming down fast enough.
    Last edited by nywifey; April 5th, 2007 at 08:37 AM.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

Default Re: ? about Playtex Nurser bottles

We use ventaire playtex bottles. We have had trouble with our baby not wanting to take bottles. We started with the slow flow which is what they always recommend BF moms use; however, our baby would get frustrated as if she was not getting enough fast enough. So, we went up to the next faster flow nipple and she has done a lot better with these. She does not seem to struggle as much. We have not had any problems with her refusing to BF even though we are using the faster flow nipples.

My LO has had a lot of problems with taking a bottle. She has basically refused any bottle with a slow flow nipple on it. We have been using the Playtex ventair with the stage 2 nipple and she seems to really like it. She has not refused a bottle yet since we started using the Playtex. So far it has not effected our breastfeeding, but I started back to work today, so we will see how it goes now that she is going to be getting 2-4 bottles a day during the week.

I never used the variable flow, but I'm pretty sure there's another one, a step up from the slow. The nipples are relatively cheap...you can always buy a pack and give it a try!

Lisa

I called Playtex and the custumer rep said the variable is for thicker liquids, juice etc. The slow flow is for 0-3 and the fast 3-6. She said my LO might just be ready for the fast flow sooner. The last feed was better, so he may just need to get use to it. With him, as long as the bottle as milk he won't refuse it
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com