Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek question...

Red face Fenugreek question...

Good evening,

Did anyone get information from the pediatrician on Fenugreek? I did some internet research and then called for a recommendation from our pediatrician. Basically I only got to talk to the NP who had no idea what it was even after I was reading her the information from the internet pages.
    So, she called the pediatrician and when she called me back she said he would not give me a recommendation either way (so neither positive or negative). NO HELP THERE..
    I was curious as to if anyone did get a recommendation from their pediatrician, if they know what fenugreek was ahead of time and basically what they said.

Thank you!

AZjeep

Default Re: Fenugreek question...

Hi AZjeep,

Many moms find that an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is a good resource for information on Fenugreek. Many hospitals have IBCLCs on staff. There is a good chance that an IBCLC in your area would know of a doctor who is familiar with fenugreek whom you could consult with.

HTH,

Tiana

Default Re: Fenugreek question...

You might also try looking for a certified herbalist and/or a pharmacist for assistance.

I've been really suprised at how much my local CVS pharmacist knows about herbs!

Another resource might be a local university with a med school. Often there's someone on staff who knows alot about herbal medicines!