Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not feeling "let-down"

Default Not feeling "let-down"

I have a 14 week old and for the past few days I have noticed that I haven't felt the let down that I normally feel when he starts to nurse. Does this mean that my supply is going down? I haven't changed anything or been ill. He has started sleeping longer at night and is nursing 5-6 times a day (it was 6-7 times a day) Could that be the cause and what to do??? Should I feel the let down each time? I am worried b/c I used to feel it with every feeding and now I only feel it during some of the feedings. I started taking Fenugreek to help increase supply, but haven't noticed any big difference. HELP!! Thanks!

Default Re: Not feeling "let-down"

Don't worry too much! Many mothers stop feeling the let down sensation as they get farther into their nursing experience. I stopped feeling mine as well!

Default Re: Not feeling "let-down"

I agree with the PP, this is from the LLL:

"I no longer feel the let-down, or milk-ejection reflex. This may occur as time goes on. Some mothers do not feel a let-down at all, but they can tell by watching their baby's pattern of suck and swallow when their let-down is occurring."