Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No solids please...

Default No solids please...

So after 1.5 months of solids, (so far we had done oatmeal, pears, bananas, avocado, sweet potatoe and peaches) DS has decided that he no longer wishes to eat; from a spoon, from my finger, or all by himself. In fact he is actually vehemently opposed to the whole idea. Purses his lips really tightly and just looks at me, then shakes his head from side to side. when I tried bananas yesterday, he actually gagged. If I wasn't so frustrated, it would have been hilarious!
    Is this normal? He was eating about 3-4 tbs in the morning and 4-5 at night for about 3 weeks in a row.
    I'm still nursing, but he now has one bottle of formula when daddy comes home.
    Babies should be born with little LCD displays on their forheads detailing what is going on in those precious heads!!

Default Re: No solids please...

He is 7.5 months old. He has been heallthy and not coming down with anything as far as I can tell. I know he's not going to starve...He's still nursing every 2 -3 hours daily and nightly. It just seems that everything I hear and read indicates he should be eating... But, every babe is different I guess

Is he teething right now? DS refuses any food at all when he has a tooth coming in.
    We started solids about 6 mos and did well with them until DS started crawling a couple weeks later. It's been a battle ever since (he now 12 mos). He's simply too busy to eat. Could that be the problem with your LO?

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

I'm not sure if DS is teething or not... he drools all the time, wakes frequently at night, has red cheeks, etc. but he has been like this since 4 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Noah View Post
    I'm not sure if DS is teething or not... he drools all the time, wakes frequently at night, has red cheeks, etc. but he has been like this since 4 months...
    sounds like teeth.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.