Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding Intervals

Question Feeding Intervals

Hello all...

Just curious...My dd is 1 mo. old and feeds every 2-3 hours as she should. I wanted to know around what age do the feeding intervals spread out. Right now I feel like all I do is breastfeed and change her (although I'm not complaining)...I just wanted to know from others when a babies feeding times spread out a bit...to feed say every 4-5 hours... Or does it? Just curious...

Leslie

Default Re: Feeding Intervals

My 7.5mo still nurses about every 3hrs during the day, but he has slept through the night pretty consistently since he was about 3mo, so it's really not as tough as it was when he was a newborn. I also find that I don't mind pumping as much when I'm rested, so it's easier to pump enough for a bottle if I want to go out over one feeding. My Db is a catnapper though, so where many kids his age will sleep for 2hrs at a time, he usually sleeps only 30-60minutes. What that means is that some moms may be able to pump for DB and get about 6hrs to themselves (a nap, a waking/eating period, and another nap). It will depend on what kind of napper your DD turns into ;-)
    Last edited by Beth; April 1st, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

My son is almost 12 weeks and still eats every 2 hours during the day, but goes from 9-7 through the night with usually only one feeding. It does get easier too. I found at first that I felt like a walking bottle, but now I just feed him when he's hungry and don't often even realize how often he eats.

Probably once you start solids then you'll get a little more space between breastfeeding sessions.

my dd is 7 months old and still eats every 3 hours during the day. We cosleep and I don't wear a shirt to bed so I have no clue what her sleep eating patterns are, she just gets em when she wants em.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

ds is 7 months and feeds about every 3 hours during the day. he was down to only every 4-5 hours, and we still have those spans at times, but his appetite has increased again. In the evening he usually goes anywhere from 5-9 hours while he is asleep (sleeps in his own crib unless he wakes in the middle of the night).