Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird problems!!

Default Re: Weird problems!!

I am having the exact same problem. I was trying to figure out if it was a tummy ache and if it was a tummy ache was it air or something I ate? I think I will try to quiet things down and take him in another room to nurse and put him to sleep. I am not concerned about nipple confusion, I have been back to work since he was 3 weeks old and he has never had any confusion problems between me and the bottle (he is 15 weeks old now). We spent 5 hours last night in the vicious cycle of nurse, dose off, wake up screaming, walking to calm him and start all over. Frustrating for both of us. I look forward to reading other comments regarding this - I am so grateful to this site and all of the women that contribute to it.

LOL - I was just about to write for the exact problem (also with a 3+ month old!)...I have had to trick him into nursing from my left breast on and off for a while now, by doing the side-lying, but leaning over him so he's nursing from the top breast. After spending 2/3 of his awake time today fighting and crying, I finally called the doctor and have an appt on Monday to check for an ear infection, because that's the only thing I can think of. Good luck to everyone with frustrating 3 month olds!!!!

Do not think for my princess that it is nipple confusion, because she Rarely gets a bottle and she has the Gerber Gentle Flex pacifier recommended by a lactation consultant because it is most like the breast and she is a baby that needs to suck. Plus she was breaking out in a rash on her face and the doctor said it was from the pacifier. This one does not cover the face, so 2 days after we started using it, the rash went away.

I think she is pre-teething, although from reading the threads it sounds like every one has the same reactions, just different issues associated with it. Hopefully the responses you have recvd have given you some insight into things to look into. It sounds like 3 months is the mark of changes in the babies.....

2 nights ago my princess began sucking on her bottom lip. She always has created spit as she has some issues with Acid Reflux, but the spit increased dramatically. She began spitting out her pacifier and furiously sucking on her hands, fingers and wrist. Then she began a feeding frenzy. She started nursing furiously. 2 hours at a time on each side. It began at 6:00 pm.... then she took a break from 9:00 - 10:00 she went to bed and woke up at 12:00, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30..... So yesterday, I got my boys off to school and we spent the day in bed feeding all day long. She went to every hour on each side with only a break from 12:00 - 1:15 - were we played and smiled and I had to just giggle at her bottom lip sucking. I could not put her down and had to hold her constantly. She began the hour feedings again @ 1:30.... got another break @ 4:45 - 5:30 and again, she was sucking on bottom lip and playing with me. The back to feeding and another break from 7:45 - 8:45. Then she nursed from 9:00 - 10:00 when I finally gave her some Motrin and a bottle of EBM because I was so sore and could not do it anymore.
    She went to sleep on her own, which is not usual, most of the time my husband has to hold her and walk her to sleep in his arms. She slept soundly until her normal time... 4:00 AM

Seems to be doing better today. She has been sucking on her lip, but is currently sleeping in her car seat on her own.

Jenn Parker - Tahitian Noni Distributor - www.jennparker.com
    Ever wonder what the "99.9% other ingredients" are in your Laundry and cleaning products?
    Ask me how to get Chemical free, better, safer, less expensive cleaning
    and laundry care products delivered to your door step.
    www.iwantsafeproducts.com 540-222-1181

Motherhood is a full time job that brings a lifetime of rewards and blessings.