Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 9 month old and Cheese & Yogurt

Default 9 month old and Cheese & Yogurt

Can you give a 9 month old cheese? If so, what kind? Do I need to be concerned about dairy?

Also, what kind of yogurt is best to give at this age? Lowfat or not?

Default Re: 9 month old and Cheese & Yogurt

When our dd was 9 months old she absolutely loved cheese and yogurt. But, we have absolutely no allergies or even a history of allergies in our family so I was not concerned and she did great.

marie1965 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

we give full fat cheese (colby/monterrey jack, cheddar) and whole milk yogurt... they need the fats for brain development, is my understanding... teeny strips or cubes of the cheeses on her tray...

At 9 months is cheese soft enough so they wont choke? How big do you make the pieces?

like the size of shredded cheese is what i did....and still do lol.....sometimes i mush it too to be extra careful but im a freak like that
    the whole milk yogurt is the best for brain development....they need that fat! the 'healthiest' i found was stonyfield farms organic plain...its got the least amount of stuff thats just not yogurt kwim?
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~