Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping

Default Pumping

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of pump to buy? I have the Isis Manual but I wanted to buy an electric. Thinking about the Medela double select breast pump but Lansinoh has a new double electric breast pump and wanted to know if anyones used it? Ive heard great things about it but because it's new I don't know if I want to spend the money!

Any suggestions would be great!

Default Re: Pumping

I haven't used the Lanisoh pump but have the Madela Pump in Style Original. What's great is that although that pump retails for about $250, I found out that our county health department sells the same pump for $180 so I got it there.

I like it ok, I just get frustrated by pumping both sides at once. However my baby's only two weeks old so I'm a really new user. I've just been pumping one side at a time and it works fine. Kind of a crazy feeling... During the post-delivery emotional throws I'd cry when I'd pump!

Default Re: Pumping

I have the Medela double electric pump and got it at babies r us for $130. it works great- i also have an avent manual that works just as well, though that i bought for $30. either way, the medela works great and most of my friends also have it and have had no problems.

good luck