Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My chubby guy

Default My chubby guy

I have 7 month old twin boys and both are big (20+ lbs a month ago). One, however, is really chubby. It's cute now but I do worry about the whole childhood obesity thing. I'm no toothpick myself and I'm wondering if he's doomed to a life of fatness or if it might pass. He just started solids and eats as though there's no tomorrow (he was this fat before the solids though) while his twin won't touch the stuff. I'm not looking for perfect babies. It's just that weight has always been a bit of a struggle for me and it's not something I dream of for my children. I should just nurse/feed to hunger, make sure he gets to roll around a lot and just see what happens, right?

Any giant babies out there slim down eventually?

Default Re: My chubby guy

Have no fear!!! DD was 9 lbs 1 oz at birth and was quite the chubbster when she was little. Her weight was always upper 90th percentile. Once they start getting moble (crawling, walking, etc.) they start to use all of that stored energy and start to slim down a little. 7 and 1/2 years later she is quite the lean mean muscle machine (she is very proud of her little biceps). DS is 7 months and 18.9 lbs and I was actually worried that it wasn't enough simply beause dd was so much bigger. It is totally normal.