Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: On her way to independance!

Default On her way to independance!

I just want to share my night weaning story.

Emma is going to be 17 months old in a few weeks. The past 2 weeks we have been putting her in her bed in the room that she shares with her sister. We only did it for a trail basis and for hubby and I to spend some time together .

Well, she slept all night long in her bed, in her room, all the way at the other end of the house! And when I mean all night, she woke up at 8am the next morning.

This is our routine now. Bath, nurse for a few minutes, brush teeth, hugs and kisses, book, prayer, and I pat her back for a little bit.

I honestly can not believe how easy it was. I thought she would never sleep through the night. I guess she was ready. It's a bitter sweet moment.

I'm posting this for all of those who think there is no end in sight. And this phase will to pass along before you know it.

Thank you for reading.

Smile Re: On her way to independance!

My 16 month old did the same thing back in October. We were shocked at first when one night we arrived home later than we expected and Grandma had already put him to bed before I could nurse him. Well, after that, he gave up the before bedtime nursing and goes night-night like a champ! I could'nt believe it! He didn't quite sleep through for awhile because of those fun molars coming in, along with one ear infection. But we got through it and now he sleeps in until 6 AM or so!
    I also wanted you to know that, I too, am a Firefighters Wife!