Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question for Moms nursing a daughter

Question Question for Moms nursing a daughter

This is my 3rd baby, but only daughter. I started getting my cycles back in January. Since then, my daughter has developed breast!!! (My daughter was 1 in December.) This definately didn't happen with my Sons. Anyone else think it's the hormones from breastfeeding???? I asked the pediatrician yesterday, and she thought maybe it was, but wasn't for sure. (Our pediatrician isn't the most knowledgeable about breastfeeding.....) Anyone have any insight?????

Default Re: Question for Moms nursing a daughter

No, I have never heard of that. My daughter is 17 months and has none of that. Is it just baby fat, or actual breast tissue. If it is actually breasts then I would get a second opinion from a different doc. My niece developed breast tissue very young and ended up having a problem with her pituitary (? on the spelling), gland.

Good luck, and YAY that you are still b-feeding her!

While this hasn't ever happened to us (I'm nursing a daughter), I have heard of this happening. I'd started to find some info for you yesterday but then got side-tracked. It's a common phenomenon and I believe it is related to hormones passing through the breastmilk, but I'll find something definitive for you today I'm sorry I dropped the ball on this one.

My ped says this is possible, especially if you are taking estrogen?

Well, I'm not taking estrogen. LLLCarol did you find that information?