Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Less nursing...

Default Less nursing...

Not sure if this should go in weaning, or here...

DS has become a very good eater, and LOVES it! He almost has the pincher grasp down. He eats from a spoon (makes hardly any mess anymore), from the mesh feeder, and off his tray. He east breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes he even has a snack (often fruit). However, this has made a huge change in his nursing. He used to eat every two hours, around the clock, even at 6 months. Now he's going 3-4 hours, sometimes 5 between nursing sessions. This is a very big shock for my supply, and I've been engorged off and on for about a week. When can I expect this to even out again?

He started gaining weight finally, (up to 14 pounds!) as he was only at 12 for a while. So, this is good... right? My baby is growing up. Also, I plan on going back to school in August, DS will be 1. For those of you that work or are students, did you need to pump at one year? Do you think I should build a stash? I hate pumping, so I would really like to avoid this. I'll be going to school about 5 minutes from my mom's house, and she will be watching him.

TIA for the input ladies.

ETA: He's also become content with nursing on only one side, and then carrying on with whatever it was he was doing before. He was ALWAYS a two side guy until recently, is this typical?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Default Re: Less nursing...

Just bumping...
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin