Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3 Month Old Biting - Help

Unhappy 3 Month Old Biting - Help

My 3 month old is now begining to bite me, and now it happens every feeding......

What do I need to do to stop it? I do not want this to become a habbit.

I take her off each time she does it and let her back on, but she does it all the time now and taking her off only causes her to scream and cry for a bit and then she stops and I let her back on.

HELP

Default Re: 3 Month Old Biting - Help

*When* does your baby bite? The beginning of a feed? End? Somewhere in the middle? Do you notice any pattern at all to her biting?

Near the end of the feeding nearly every time, each side. Occasionally it is in the begining and middle, but mostly near the end. At night she eats last @ 8:30 and does not eat again until sometime between 4:30 - 6:00 AM..... I am always full, and that is the only feeding she does not do it.
    Last edited by mamajenn; April 1st, 2006 at 07:27 PM.

If she is doing it towards the ends it sounds like she is biting to get off and unlatching her only shows her she is going to get what she wants if she bites. Try pulling her face into your breast for a second when she bites, other moms have told me this works and teaches baby that biting won't end the session.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)