Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Side Effects Taking Fenugreek?

Default Side Effects Taking Fenugreek?

I started taking fenugreek about a week ago to boost my milk supply. I was hoping it would help me pump more milk while I'm away from mt LO. Frankly I haven't seen any increase at all. But I have noticed that all of a sudden I am hot all the time! I wake up sweating and my family is complaining because I keep turning down the ac. I don't see it listed as a side effect anywhere. Has anyone else had a similiar experience. I feel like I am going through menopause!

Default Re: Side Effects Taking Fenugreek?

Not me I have been taking it for about 2 weeks. No side effects, but lots of milk!

It gave me abdominal cramps and the runs!

Quote Originally Posted by lionsheart View Post
    It gave me abdominal cramps and the runs!
    That sucks!! but I am SURE that's nothing you dont all ready know!

Looks like it affects everyone different, It increased my supply, and so far no side effects.

Hi! The only side-effect I had from fenugreek was the maple syrup smell, but I remember reading somewhere that it can make people sweat more. From what I remember, (And would the biologists out there please correct me if I am wrong!) milk glands are modified sweat glands. Therefore, something that increases milk can also increase sweat production. HTH!