Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how long?

Default how long?

i have been attempting to tame my forceful let down and oversupply. my son is 2.5 mo. old. he has already been less fussy and is sleeping better. i have been block nursing. how long will these problems last? when should i expect his stools to return to normal? thanks!

Default Re: how long?

Typically an oversupply issue resolve is resolved around the 12-week mark. But in some instances where the oversupply is severe, it can take longer or never resolve fully.

What kinds of stools is your son having?

Default Re: how long?

his stools are frequent, loose, and mucousy. they are usually brown, sometimes brownish-green. they aren't frothy, like they say with foremilk/hindmilk imbalance (although i guess i don't really know what frothy stool would look like!) he did have the typical yellow, grainy stools until he was about 5 weeks. i should mention that he also has reflux and is on zantac - his stools could also be affected by this. the color and frequency doesn't really bother me as much as the mucousy consistency. he has been so much happier this past week - i think the let-down and oversupply are getting better!