Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: honey?

Default honey?

i was wondering just how soon after ds turns 1 that we can introduce honey? i heard some moms use it with whole milk to get lo to take it. i'd like to try because i have to wean because i'm pg and ds won't take whole milk.
    is it safe to give it to him starting with his birthday? what's so magical about the year mark?
    thanks.

Default Re: honey?

Personally, I wouldn't doctor up anything just to get my child to take it, but that's just me.

You'll also be amazed that maybe your child might get interested in milk once you wean. My son didn't really drink much milk at all before I weaned, then once we weaned, he loves it. Go figure.

They do have flavored soy milk if you are interested in something like that.

Good luck!

Lisa

I would just keep trying with the whole milk and experiment with different brands. I know some brands taste awful, but others I love.

You can also try putting some bananas and whole milk in the blender and making a sugar-free (except for the natural sugar in banana) but very nutritious milk-shake.