Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Low supply on one side

Smile Low supply on one side

I'm nursing my 8.5 month old and will do so until he is at least one. I had no problems with nursing his brother until 13 months.

My concern is that my milk supply has really dropped on the left side. I try to get DS to start on the left (I was favouring starting on the right), but he doesn't nurse for long because there is not much there.

He nurses 3-4 times during the day and sleeps from 7pm-7am. I am not pumping and don't want to.

Any suggestions on how to get the left supply back up? I know this is not an important issue, but with summer just around the corner I don't want totally uneven boobs!

thanks.

Default Re: Low supply on one side

Other than pumping -- maybe try putting him back on the "third" boob? I.e., switch back to the left before he's completely done? What's the reason you don't want to pump? If it's the expense, you could try hand expression (in the shower, if you find it icky...).

Default Re: Low supply on one side

I don't like pumping and I don't know when to do it. I know they are lame excuses.

If it would really help I guess I could try. how long until it would help fill it up again?